Ramshorn Snails

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

gizzmo3017

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
I've recently began to breed ramshorn snails and I wanted to know if anyone had any tips or info

Hi and 
welcomeani.gif

Afraid I don't know much about Ramshorn Snails, however here are a couple of links that may be of help if you have not already seen them.

Good luck with your breeding project and do write and show some pics of your progress, would be interesting to read and follow if you can do this 
smile.png

http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?/topic/424364-freshwater-snail-species-in-the-hobby/

http://www.planetinverts.com/ramshorn_snail.html

I had them for a while a year ago.  They breed very fast so if you feed them a lot expect TONS of baby snails. :p  They can be really hard to get rid of.  My fish like them crushed thankfully. :)  They are very cute little snails and there are multiple ways to get rid of them, so don't worry too much, just have fun with them!  :)  Hope it goes well for you! :D  

The "General Population" ten gal
The "preferred stock" five gal

Attachments

• 20131215_202544~2.jpg
    20131215_202544~2.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 224
  • 20131215_202617~2.jpg
    20131215_202617~2.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 213
hi you need filtration and calcium for shell growth for healthy snails.

I have filters on every tank, and the cuttlefish supplement hasn't dissolved. I'm currently looking for an in-tank divided breeding box so that I can isolate groups based on traits

Good luck with your breeding project, thankfully they aren't fussy on what they will eat.

hi gizmo I have a shrimp tank and after reading about calcium on another forum instead of buying expensive liquids the advice was to use calcium nitrate as it dissolves easy out of all calciums .I use a teaspoon every water change . got a large tub from ebay .

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back