What's new

Ram cichlids : I have questions about breeding

Pet of the Month Starts Now!
FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 Click here to enter! 🐰

Days on Saturn

Reaction score
Hello everybody. I'm new to this forum but I just wanted some questions about breeding. I'm getting a pair of gold rams, German blue rams and electric blue rams and my plan was to basically breed them and see how it goes and I just wanted to know exactly what I need for it. Was wondering if anyone has experience breeding fish and if so please leave a list of what equipment I need for it

Sincerely, Will

All they need to breed is a relatively large tank to themselves, heavily planted, and perfect water parameters.

Hello everybody. I'm new to this forum but I just wanted some questions about breeding. I'm getting a pair of gold rams, German blue rams and electric blue rams and my plan was to basically breed them and see how it goes and I just wanted to know exactly what I need for it. Was wondering if anyone has experience breeding fish and if so please leave a list of what equipment I need for it

Sincerely, Will

What is the tank size? You will not have as much success if these three pairs are in the same tank unless it is very large (surface area). While waiting for that info...

With this species, Mikrogeophagus ramirezi (all three varieties are the same natural species), there are some basics. First, you must let the fish select their mate, what we term bonding. This is usually easy to spot in tanks of several fish (I can explain). Second, this species needs warmth, 80F/27C minimum.

Byron.

What is the tank size? You will not have as much success if these three pairs are in the same tank unless it is very large (surface area). While waiting for that info...

With this species, Mikrogeophagus ramirezi (all three varieties are the same natural species), there are some basics. First, you must let the fish select their mate, what we term bonding. This is usually easy to spot in tanks of several fish (I can explain). Second, this species needs warmth, 80F/27C minimum.

Byron.
So the tank size I'm going for

Byron.
so the tank size I'm trying to get is at least 25 gallons

In that tank (25g) you can have one breeding pair. You could also have some upper-water dither fish which can calm the rams. Just avoid all catfish and similar nocturnal fish as these will almost certainly devour either the eggs or the shoal of fry during darkness when the rams cannot protect them.

Sincerely, Will
ok w
In that tank (25g) you can have one breeding pair. You could also have some upper-water dither fish which can calm the rams. Just avoid all catfish and similar nocturnal fish as these will almost certainly devour either the eggs or the shoal of fry during darkness when the rams cannot protect them.[/Well thank you very much for replying and I'll keep what you said in mind

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back