R.i.p. Marie.. You Will Be Missed!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Tongue_Flicker

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Today is a good and bad day for me. I just learned that the girl i like on x-factor US is out! (not a pet matter haha!)

Anyways, my mature adult Asian Forest Scorpion (Heterometrus longimanus), Marie Antoinette, just passed away. She's a beloved friend and my first date to the world of scorpions. It was a well-spent four years together. She's also my first dead scorpion >__<

With her babies last May:
942745_503723563020161_768840988_n.jpg

The last photo i've taken with her:
1380252_583021638423686_24637458_n.jpg

I also went to the pet store to grieve and get a new pair of african clawed frogs or a leaf turtle but unfortunately they were already out of stock. (Wait, i think this is a rant lol).

For the good news, Marie's 5 babies are already pre-molt at 3i going 4i. Hope they carry on with their mother's legacy. Also, my Mexican Pink T, Cynthia just had a good, upright molt. An unusual molting position for a T but a good one nevertheless. My leo also had a nice shed last night and i got to see it first hand. (He usually sheds inside the hide or super late night when i'm already asleep). My two fire-bellied newts also got rehoused and i got my first, nice, bloody bite from my yellow vinesnake, Coldplay.

That's all folks!

Moral Lesson: When planning to get a non-sling scorp, better start at 5i or 6i for a longer time together :D

Good memories with her bestfriend, Sebastian
1461739_594643180594865_827560318_n.jpg

Cynthia
1465321_594636730595510_951515555_n.jpg

Sorry no visible bite photos, i fear my own blood lol
179783_519296624796188_2059937730_n.jpg

sad1.gif
sorry for your loss of Marie, your scorpion, at least she has left you her legacy, her babies, if thats any consolation.

4 years is pretty good going, well done 
wink.png

Looks like you are looking after all your other unusual pets very well, ultra cool IMHO 
smile.png

Thanks for sharing those great pictures, very interesting.

Nice, unusual pets you have there !

Yeah, the sense of loss when a pet passes away... I know that feeling.  It's good that she left behind 5 juniors under your care.  It's a blessing that you have them as they have you to look after them.

Ch4rlie said:
:sad: sorry for your loss of Marie, your scorpion, at least she has left you her legacy, her babies, if thats any consolation.

4 years is pretty good going, well done ;)

Looks like you are looking after all your other unusual pets very well, ultra cool IMHO :)

Thanks for sharing those great pictures, very interesting.
I already got her as an adult so i'm guessing she lived longer than the 4 years i got her.

fishforumnetter said:
Nice, unusual pets you have there !

Yeah, the sense of loss when a pet passes away... I know that feeling.  It's good that she left behind 5 juniors under your care.  It's a blessing that you have them as they have you to look after them.
Yeah, i treat my pets equally so there's no bias :D
I was kinda expecting this to happen by next year though. I know she's kinda old.

ech0o said:
SCARY PETS!!!
Haha! Hey i did have my pets generalized on my sig so people won't be surprised if ever i posted some pics of them :D

Haha thanks man! Spiders haven't grown on me much yet unlike snakes, scorpions or fishes that's why i keep just 7 adult tarantulas.

Haha that's seven to many for me lol but cudos to you, I know I could never keep a spider athough their moulting process is awesome.

I know. I love them just the way they're stationary and so called as 'pet rocks'

I might be incorrect but my friend owns a reptile centre and I think I once heard him saying about your scorpion the have the babies and when they are a certain size the female dies and the baby eat the body. It's there life cycle. I might be incorrect but I'm pretty sure that's what he teaches people when he's doing shows.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back