Questions? Advise please

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Lottyloo123

Reaction score
Could someone ID this fish please

IMG_0511.JPG

And are my Danios pregnant? They're getting bigger and bigger everyday!

IMG_0512.JPG

Hmm the fish to me looks kinda of a like a killifish dont know which kind if it is one and about your danios when was the last time they were fasted?

Hmm the fish to me looks kinda of a like a killifish dont know which kind if it is one and about your danios when was the last time they were fasted?

They fasted last Saturday - Wednesday. How often should they be fasted?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"pregnant" isn't quite right here, they're just full of eggs. You'll notice that the male danios will be chasing the females all over when they want to spawn. Mine did it nearly every day, and I raised quite a few of them.

"pregnant" isn't quite right here, they're just full of eggs. You'll notice that the male danios will be chasing the females all over when they want to spawn. Mine did it nearly every day, and I raised quite a few of them.

Yes I have noticed that! If I was to be successful with raising babies what should I look for in the eggs? They are in a community tank so they may get eaten by the time I notice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snailpocolypse is right about the top fish looking like a killifish. I think it may be one of the nothobranchius variety but not 100%, may be worth posting those pics in the killifish section as I'm sure someone will be able to confirm whether it is a nothobranchius or not.

Danios scatter the eggs all of the place and they don't seem to stick to anything. When I spawned them I had them in a 10 gallon, alone, with a thin layer of gravel. They did their thing for a day or two, I too them out, and then there was little eye lashed all over clinging to the glass after a few days. If you want to save some eggs, just vacuum the gravel if you notice them spawning and then you can either pick out the eggs with a flash light and pipette or dump the water into a separate fry tank and let them hatch on their own. They're easy to breed and raise.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back