Question on "Culling"

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Yea. His girlfriend insisted on Koi. I wasnt a fish expert then, nor am I now, but I know a LOT more now, yet I still told them that Koi can get MASSIVE! She wanted Koi. and that's what she got.

The pond isnt SMALL for being INSIDE the house in the living room, next to the TV. But it's only 200-215 gallons (6ft) certainly is small compared to 25,000 gallons! I bet that was a sight! When I was growing up, my house, was an amazing sight, as no one in the valley had ever seen or heard of an indoor pond. We are quite rural, or used to be anyways. I'm sure we would seem backwoods redneck to you, isnt there like a million people in your city? My ENTIRE STATE, just BARELY broke a million people. My county, which I believe is the 4th largest of 56 in the state, is over 5,000 square miles, and only 90k population.

Anyways, yea, I'm going to trade some more fish here in about 5 minutes, to the fish store, for credit, and then maybe in a day or two I'll make it out to his place with guppies. Who knows, maybe some will evade the Koi, grow, breed, and his girlfriend will like them better? They are certainly more active! Then HE will have the problem of being over run! Lol.

Then HE will have the problem of being over run! Lol
LOL :)

Indoor ponds are not common here. Outdoor ponds are but not indoors.

One of the people I worked for had about 10 or 12 ponds that were 10 foot diameter and 3 foot deep. Each one cascaded into the next one along and eventually they flowed into a pond about 40 meters x 20 meters and was apparently about 40 foot deep. He had a row boat in it just to do stuff. He also use to keep water lilies and other plants in 200 litre plastic wheelie bins. And he built a fish room that had about 100 tanks but he ran out of tank space so built an extension for another 100 tanks. It use to take me 3 days to water change the tanks :)

its pretty cool though as an indoor feature.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back