[Question] My Dwarf Gouramis

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

LoUaI

Reaction score
Hey guys a friend of mine got me those 2 dwarf gouramis and i was wandering how to tell if they are females or males ? and what are mine ( the once in the picture ofc :p

first gouramis
L6LDp.jpg

secind gouramis
10ybp.jpg

The first one is definatley male, the second one though more dull (probably the subservant male, the other the alpha or dominant male) is also a male. Females are almost completely silvery in color

The first one is definatley male, the second one though more dull (probably the subservant male, the other the alpha or dominant male) is also a male. Females are almost completely silvery in color

subservant male, dam even in fish there such dudes LOL . thanks alot for ur reply i'll buy 5 female then :) but can u upload good picture of female one please

thanks once again

subservant male, dam even in fish there such dudes LOL . thanks alot for ur reply i'll buy 5 female then :) but can u upload good picture of female one please

thanks once again

How big is the tank? You don't need to add quite so many females! The sex ratio should bee 2:1, so two females for every male. What other fish are in the tank?

Here are different pictures of female dwarf gouramis

Male_female_dwarf_gourami.jpg

dwarf_gour_female_110506b3_w0480.jpg

thanks alot for the pictures :D that showed exactly the difference, the tank there in 40gl and it will be only dwarf, and i think i could add angel in the future

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back