Question about water.

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Souperman

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Would water parameters change from my tap water to a unconnected well on my property?

Would water parameters change from my tap water to a unconnected well on my property?

Maybe. Water parameters are determined by the source of the water, as well as what the water has come into contact with that it may have assimilated. Water is a supreme solvent, meaning it easily assumes substances that can be dissolved.

Before using well water you need to test it for various substances, as it could be deadly to fish.

Maybe. Water parameters are determined by the source of the water, as well as what the water has come into contact with that it may have assimilated. Water is a supreme solvent, meaning it easily assumes substances that can be dissolved.

Before using well water you need to test it for various substances, as it could be deadly to fish.
I did not even get to testing it for substances deadly for fish because from what I can see it is the same as my tap water.

I did not even get to testing it for substances deadly for fish because from what I can see it is the same as my tap water.

What I was getting at, is that you need to test the water before using it. As the well is stand-alone, the water in it could pick up various substances, such as agricultural runoff, animal excretion, minerals, pesticides, chemicals...who knows.

I was planning on testing for that after I tested with my test strips to see what the general parameters were. There is a good chance that it is contaminated though because I just found out it is a shallow well.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back