The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Status
Not open for further replies.

tenxiong

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Just brought a flowerhorn recently, he's about an inch in length. Still very small. I was wondering if I feed him these red enhancing food pellets, would it work? But the thing is that it's made for Discus.

The Fish Food

Just wondering if any of you had ever had any experences with something like this.

It should. Having said that, check what's in the food. A lot of these foods contain harmful substances or carcinogens. The carcinogens are not normaly something to worry about because fish have short lifespans so the chances of them being affected are slim but there may be other things in the food that are dangerous. I'd think that, if it's made for discus, it's safe for flowerhorns - but then again, the flowerhorn would be eating more of it. :p

edit: It's probably simpler, and cheaper, to feed lots of live foods. They should also help enhance color - as do dark substrate colors, a dark background, no overly-bright lighting and excellent water quality.

I use similar food that is intended for discus.. not the same packaging but the pellets look the same.. I really don't know if it does anything for the fish, but I feed it to my cichlids.

Just brought a flowerhorn recently, he's about an inch in length. Still very small. I was wondering if I feed him these red enhancing food pellets, would it work? But the thing is that it's made for Discus.

The Fish Food

Just wondering if any of you had ever had any experences with something like this.

That pellet is cool but here's what you want to do.

DON"T feed him with color enhancers yet.

Feed him with Bloodworms and shrimp, salmon(is a natural color enhancer) plus high protein pellet (55% up)

if your FH is around 4 inches or so then you can feed him with color enhancers.

Here's a perfect diet for your FH.

Morning - Bloodworms, shrimp
Noon - Shrimp, salmon
evening - pellets

Here are some of the best pellets for your FH

Staple diet
Grand Omega (combination of growth and color)
Hikari Gold
Humpy Head by XO
Grand Sumo

Color Enhancers
Super Red Syn by XO
Grand sumo red by XO
Hai Feng

DON"T overfeed your FH with color enhancers they will burn their fins and will turn into black color :D

Feeding of color enhancers is 2 - 3 X a week.

If you can do 20 - 30 % water change every other day, you will notice his color will imporve :D

Then do 40% water change every 2 weeks.

Buy hey before I forgot I want to know what kind of FH is that because this is only applicable for ZZ - Zhen zou type of FH.

Show me the picture.

Feed your FH with this...

picture0025bc.jpg

Sorry for the long wait but here's the picture. Hey _cRaCkEr_, are those super worms or meal worms? Eaither way, My Flowerhorn is still too small to eat those.

FlowerHorn3.jpg

FlowerHorn.jpg

Hope those pictures are clear enough.

Enjoy

Nice fry with straight flower line (line in his body)

Feed him 3 - 4 times a day.

Bloodworms and high protein pellets. then since he's just a fry just do 30% water change 2 x a week

you need to have a the best over head filter to keep the water clean.

Those vertical lines is a sign of stress here's waht you want to do. Get a small fish and put it in his tank and he's going to chase and chase it, let him feel he's superior then you can see big changes after a week or so he's going to be more agressive and those vertical lines will be gone.

-- Yes those are super worms he's too young to eat SW.

Blood worms is the best :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back