Promoting Algae Growth

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

MonikaMouse

Reaction score
I have a 45 gallon hexagonal communiy freshwater tank. Inside this tank you might be luckily enough to find Pleco (Yes, I named him Pleco), a male albino bristlenose plecostomus. He's almost two inches long now, but he still remainds easily hidden among the plants and decorations.

Anyways; my question is, how can I promote algae growth in my tank, besides just keeping the light on? I feed him algae wafers here and there, but it doesn't look like he really takes an interest in them. My guppies also enjoy nibbling on algae on the side of the tank so more algae would just help everyone out!

If the pleco is new it will take sometime for him to take interest in the wafer. Took my bristlenose a week to learn it was food but they are useless in terms of cleaning algae. My BN wont touch the stuff xD. Keep your lights on for long periods of time - algae.

techen said:
If the pleco is new it will take sometime for him to take interest in the wafer. Took my bristlenose a week to learn it was food but they are useless in terms of cleaning algae. My BN wont touch the stuff xD. Keep your lights on for long periods of time - algae.

You must have one very fussy BN because every BN I have ever had loves to eat Algae

If you want plenty of Algae to grow try and get the tank into direct sunlight if possible.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back