Problem With Fluval U3

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

ProjectMayhem

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
The base holding my Fluval U3 seems to be tilted at the bottom when the filter is on it, the base is not bent or broken and no one elses seems to be doing this. This isn't really an issue however one of my danios managed to swim into it and get trapped, I let it out and it seemed fine however my adult one did it this morning, half of it's tail fin is missing and its very weak, not swimming around and I'm afraid to say I think it's dying which I'm not happy about because I've had him for 2 years.

I've since used cotton pads rolled up and shoved into the gaps of the base so they cannot swim far enough to get stuck. Anyone else having a problem with the base not being up against the glass? Everyone else with a U3 seems to not have my problem.

i posted a thread almost the same as this yesterday - mine doesn't quite reach the glass, it's stuffed with a sponge now

My paradise fish kept wedging himself behind it- i swear he liked it cause he kept at it, luckily doesn't seem any worse for wear

I hope Mr.Danio picks up though-is it possible he's just in shock? my paradise went quite for an hour of two after being released but then picked up

My U2 is the same, you can pull it off at the top, and it tils forward on its "base" for maintenance, but there is a gap up the back of it, with a nice angled slope for fish to slip up there :(

He looks better, not as still but he's on the bottom instead of the top but hopefully it's just staying out of the current.

I've heard alot people getting fish stuck behind the Fluval U series, i never had a problem though :S.
Did find it stored alot of "gunk" behind it though lol

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back