Prime and tss?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Kimm87

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
How long after adding tss do i need to wait to add prime? I added the tss and the fish yesterday and all but 1 seems fine. i think hes just stressed because hes hovering at the bottom corner every time the lights on and wont swim with the others. But just to rule out ammonia since i don't have a test kit i was going to add the prime but dont want to kill the cycle

I also have a bottle of tetra aquasafe monthly conditioner

Last edited:
Tetra safestart its a bacteria culture

Ran water up to petsmart says everything is fine but idk if thats a good thing or a bad thing since with the tss the ammonia shoud have gone up

Attachments

• 0729181329-1.jpg
    0729181329-1.jpg
    551.8 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:
You do not want to be adding Prime. It is a water conditioner and should only be used as such, when fresh tap water containing chlorine/chloramine is being added, and only for the volume of fresh water added.

Tetra SafeStart is a reliable bacterial supplement, and if directions are followed you should be OK. The one fish acting odd may or may not be related to cycling.

Any substance added to the aquarium water will get inside the fish; water enters the fish by osmosis through every cell and via the gills, and the substance gets into the bloodstream and internal organs, depending. This is why we must always limit additives to only those absolutely necessary. Prime is a chemical compound and when it is not needed as a dechlorinator, it should not be used. It is always possible that it could react with other products, so on that basis too it is best avoided.

I added most of my anubius and im getting some hornswort? In the next few days we will see if that helps any i also need to add the sand but im going to wait till tomorrow. That 1 fish is still eatting so hes probably fine well see

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back