Pregnant Sailfin Issues

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

Moolly

Reaction score
So I have a heavily pregnant sailfin, she is completely squared off and looks ready to pop. But the male just won't stop going after her. Ideally I'd like to put her in the nursery I have set up to make sure that both her and the fry are safe - but I don't want to stress her out even more!
Ā 
I have another smaller tank with a couple of guppies in, and I was contemplating putting either the male or the female in there just to give her some rest - I don't know what to do!

Hello,

I'd move the male...

Leave her in an environment she knows.

Bodge99

asĀ Ā your female sailfin is very close to droping fry the male won't stop going after her until she drops,Ā Ā to give her some restĀ  remove theĀ male or ifĀ there isĀ other fish in the tankĀ Ā it Ā is best toĀ put herĀ Ā in a smallĀ Ā Ā tank of at Ā least one gallon put a few plants at one end for the fry to hideĀ 

I do have another smaller tank but it doesn't have a filter, heater, air pump etc. If I put her in there and topped it up every so often with warm water from another tank would that be ok?

how warm is the room were your keeping the fish if room Ā temp- is 70f orĀ aboveĀ and s long as the temp dont Ā fluctuate more then a few degreeĀ sĀ Ā and tank Ā topped up with oldĀ tank water will be fine for a few days

Alright wicked, I'll do that then, now just the task of trying to catch her! In the process of moving around decorations I've already found 2 mystery fry that look several weeks old - nice little surprise!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back