Pregnant or just chubby Platy?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

CG1982

Reaction score
Hi! I was just wondering if anyone would be able to tell me if our Mickey Mouse platy was pregnant, or needs a diet??? haha. Thank you so much in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_2380.JPG
    IMG_2380.JPG
    765.7 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_2382.JPG
    IMG_2382.JPG
    806.2 KB · Views: 148
Here's a closer pic :)

Attachments

• IMG_2379.JPG
    IMG_2379.JPG
    108.8 KB · Views: 167
She looks to be not pregnant, and not overweight at all. c: However, if she's ever been in contact with a male platy, there's a good chance she'll be pregnant soon. Livebearers can hold onto sperm for months.

Impossible too tell. Imho it looks very healthy and doesn't need a diet. Assume it is pregnant if it had had contact to any male before.

She looks to be not pregnant, and not overweight at all. c: However, if she's ever been in contact with a male platy, there's a good chance she'll be pregnant soon. Livebearers can hold onto sperm for months.

Kidding on the diet! And yes she's very cute! We just love her! I've just noticed her belly is growing sort of fast! Time will tell I guess. Thank you so much for your responses :)

Impossible too tell. Imho it looks very healthy and doesn't need a diet. Assume it is pregnant if it had had contact to any male before.

The only male in the tank is a molly. So she was purchased pregnant (if she is)... what a fun little fish!

Here are some updated pics! I hope she's ok and not sick. The top pics in the side by side photos are updated photos of her this morning.

Attachments

• IMG_2446.JPG
    IMG_2446.JPG
    350.4 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_2447.JPG
    IMG_2447.JPG
    329.4 KB · Views: 125
gratz your a dad!
Haha! I'm a woman for starters! So our fish dropped her fry a few days ago! I managed to catch and separate 5 of them! So she was indeed carrying babies! My kids (3,6,8) are so excited! Such a great learning experience :)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back