Pregnant guppy hasnt delivered

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Rosiebaby1117

Reaction score
Hello im new to breeding an was wonderi g why my girl hasnt dropped her fry yet she is 34 days give or take a day...squared off an vent is open...she seems to go threw moments of swimming in place an hard breathing but then goes right back to bormal behavior...i know patience is best im just concerned that she might be having a difficult time...she doesnt appear stressed but is spitting food wont eat an is hiding away an attacking others

Attachments

• 15181991328581190981155.jpg
    15181991328581190981155.jpg
    375.8 KB · Views: 230
She may of had them if they have plenty of hiding places you may have some ,but they take a wee while to be conditioned to not eating the fry

Shes still very much pregnant but just wont drop....u can see her vent protruding out an in person can see the inner canal is open as well just no fry yet

Attachments

• PicsArt_02-10-10.36.30.jpg
    PicsArt_02-10-10.36.30.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 212
Just let her do her thing. Not much you can really do to induce pregnancy, sometimes they will hold fry longer if something is wrong with the water. Maybe do a water change but other than that just give her time.

The second pic doesn't show a female which will have fry soon. To me, also the first pic doesn't look like a female giving birth very soon. I am afraid you have missed it and the fry got eaten or is hiding very well. But no need to worry, the next fry will arrive soon :p

Idk shes boxed off an has a large black gravid spot....to me she seems very pregnant larger then her tank mate who birthed last week....im hoping she drips soon an stays healthy shes my first batch of fry ive raised an mated so im a littke more attached to these girls then priors

Well day 38 she finally had them!! She had them at night was able to transfer 4 to their tank this morning but i believe the rest must of been eaten since shes slim an pink gravid spot now :( hopefully next time wont be so shark week for them

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back