pregnant guppie

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

gaxtons

Reaction score
Hi I have a guppie that's pregnant she had 2 fry 4 days ago and we are still waiting for more i
1486315122075-1090503487.jpg
1486315170610-693179575.jpg
did put her in a birthing tank and took her out next day then put her back in I don't know if this stressed her out she is still very fat and keeps going to top of the tank where the pump is she also keeps floating upside down she is eating OK and seems fine will she have anymore will I have to wait ages again for new fry

Moving pregnant fish is very stressful for them. Unless you have a well planted 5 or 10 gallon tank, with a mature filter, available, then all female livebearers are better off staying in the main tank. Stress can make them hold onto their fry. If you want some fry to survive, then just make sure there's plenty of hiding places.

However, the fact that she's upside down would indicate there's a larger problem; even heavily pregnant fish shouldn't be doing that.

How long has your tank been set up, and is it cycled? Have you tested the water at all or done a water change?

QUOTE="gaxtons, post: 3758456, member: 125848"]Hi I have a guppie that's pregnant she had 2 fry 4 days ago and we are still waiting for more iView attachment 82652 View attachment 82653 did put her in a birthing tank and took her out next day then put her back in I don't know if this stressed her out she is still very fat and keeps going to top of the tank where the pump is she also keeps floating upside down she is eating OK and seems fine will she have anymore will I have to wait ages again for new fry[/QUOTE]

Hi ty for your reply I have had the tank 6 months have tested water its all fine I tried giving her pea on Friday but nothing happened

Can you post the actual numbers from your tests, please? 'Fine' isn't enough for us to go on...

When was your last water change, and how big was it? How big is the tank and exactly what fish do you have?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back