Prairiesunflower's Betta: Firefly (Bought June 13, 2014)

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

He is improving nicely, I expect his tail to be back to normal by the end of treatment (another 4 days).  The top stuck bit has mostly come undone again as has the bottom one, the middle one is still a bit more stuck together but is coming apart slowly.  The rest of his fin growth has continued nicely.

Little update, only a teensy tiny bit of sticky fin left, you can't even make it out in the photo.  To the naked eye it just looks less flexible and more opaque... I wouldn't be surprised if it is gone by tomorrow.

Here is Firefly looking better again and continuing to grow.

Firefly is continuing to grow beautifully. I just wish he'd flare sometimes so I could get a nice picture of his fins on display.  He is too happy, he hasn't flared one single time since I brought him home... he just swims around looking at Christmas cards (we discovered he likes having them displayed around his tank  LOL) or swimming back and forth to get someone's (anyone's) attention. 

Bless him! Glad he's on the mend.
If you want him to flare show him a small mirror and he should flare for you.

He  really flares at nothing so far.  I've tried the mirror, even put on the digital picture frame filled with fish and betta pictures and he is intensely interested but no flaring.  Firefly is just too darn happy.

I wanted to post a picture of Firefly's tail next to the picture from the first day... but apparently he is way too busy for that sort of holding still.  But, Firefly did take a moment to pose with his shrimp to show how well they are getting along.

Nice picture! I'd forgotten just how small Firefly is! 

Love seeing these pics Prairie, he is a lovely fish!

I have been trying for some time to get a nice comparison photos... problem is... he is always excited when I try to take a picture and zips around so his fins are all close to him rather than spread out.  Anyhow...this is the best I could manage, I think it shows his tail mostly anyway.

Oh that's growing nicely!!!!
He's lucky you bought him, just look at him now!

Just shows how quickly they can heal when looked after correctly and given the right conditions :good:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back