Praecox Rainbows

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Squirrelbuddies

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I just picked up 4 sweet praecox rainbow fish from my favorite LFS! :wub: The store is moving so everything is on sale. These were only $2.50 each.

Will they be fine in a group of four? (They were the last four in the store.) They seem a little skittish -- unlike my Boesmani rainbows who rush over to the front of the tank whenever I approach! Maybe they would be more comfortable in a larger group?

i have 4, they've been fine for 8 months or so in a 40G community tank with boesmani's, angels, danio's etc... nice fish, they should get along fine.

They're a very nice fish and may just be getting adjusted to things. Once they get older, they will greet you once you walk in the room with the tank in it. I try to hide from them so i can observe them without them rushing to the top to the surface.

4 is not a bad number for rainbows. I would also tend to suspect they are getting settled.

Thanks for the replies! I noticed this evening they are much more active and will eat out in the open now. I love to watch them feed! They have that quick, aggressive way with their food just like the bigger rainbows.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back