Power Filter Question...

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

TheSims3Dude

Fish Addict
Reaction score
I just bought an AquaClear 5-20 US Gallon power filter for my 5 gallon tank, it seems pretty good, but is that a good brand? it was $44.99 plus tax, which I thought was a bit expensive, but was it worth it? There was a Fluval one too, but $75, I'm not paying that much just to put in a fry tank, (no offense!) what do you guys think?

IMO Aquaclear are the best power filters on the market, good choice. :good:

IMO Aquaclear are the best power filters on the market, good choice. :good:

quoted for TRUTH

congrats on making the best possible decision you could have made for your tank. :good:
even on its lowest setting, (which also makes use of the re-filtration system built in to the filter), it will be more then enough for your tank, both in flow rate and media volume.
i would suggest getting rid of the activated carbon, and switching it out for more mech or bio media, as you really dont need the carbon.

Ok! Thanks! I'm glad I picked the right one then! tehe :lol:

Exactly what I was thinking, lol, things are so expensive in Canada :(

No, the price sounds about right.what I meAnt was that generally the AquaClear line isn't available in the. UK.
Trust me, its worth every cent you payed. And if you upgrade to a bigger tank, you won't have to change filters. (unless the tank is over 20g of course)

Oh, lol, I feel silly now. :( lol, ya, I'm glad that I got it! I was going to get this Practical Fishkeeping magazine, (from the UK?) but it was $11.99 here! is that cuz it's imported? it was only 3 something GBP, which I don't know how much that is in CAD, anyways, I'm glad that it was worth every penny! it seems to be working extremely well! ^^

Most reactions

trending

Back