Post Count

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Keeper Of Cichlids

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I was just wondering about our post count, we all have it but do any of us pay attention to it or others?
I mean like do you tend to take advice from people who have a high post count of like '3000' than someone who would have a post count of 3?

Just wondering..

If they give good advice it doesn't matter if they have a post count of 10 or 10,000

I don't; some people can make an awful lot of posts talking utter rubbish.

I can normally tell who seems to know what they're talking about, even if they don't have a high post count or are new members.

I tend to look at how long they've been a member. It's just a general guide but I would probably take a bit more notice of someone who has 2000 posts spread over two years rather than two months.

yes some people seem to accrue thousands in very little time and they just seem to post on any subjext it makes sense that they cant be an expert on everything and are posting for postings sake

My post count is about 1,650 since the end of November so who knows if people find my info helpful but I try my best :good:

If I read a comment that strikes me as odd I've been guilty to look at the date this person joined and their post count.

I haven't been on this forum very long myself, and started my first tank exactly one year ago, but I've been learning about this hobby every day since (which my husband can vouch for lol) and hope that what I've learned is the right stuff to pass along!

I used to, but after being on here a while, I kind of know the basics, and what is good advice and bad advice, and who tends to know what they're talking about and who doesn't. I've got those people who I know I should listen to, and those people who I know I shouldn't.

Not saying any names :shifty:

There are some people I listen to for different topics, like I trust lilfishie, fuzzynickie, and sausage winkle, for bettas or Ludwig, and fluttermoth for ponds and such :good:

there are a couple of users on here in particular that i always notice manage to have something to say on nearly every topic, but either spout total drivel or just blatantly repeat what somebody else has said - and it really looks like its all just to raise the post count. one of said users has got more posts than me, but been here less than half as long - now i come on here everyday, and post maybe 3 or 4 times a day, so to achieve this persons post count they have to either be extra knowledgable about almost every aspect of fishkeeping, or posting whatever they like however useless it is to rack up some post count.

unfortunately, its not the former............

I don't think the title 'leader of the fishes' helps sometimes...

Nearly 2000 posts worth of drivel from me, that's for sure.

I think for a new member, seeing someone with a high postcount gives them a credibility which may or may not be deserved - I certainly respected those with a high postcount more when I was new to the forum. Once you have a bit more experience yourself, you can tell who is talking tosh and who isn't.

A fair discussion topic, but please refrain from naming any members that you DON'T trust :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back