Poorly Angel - Possible Eye Infection?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

jojouk

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Ramsgate, Kent, UK. Big up the Kent massive! :)
Tank size: 350l
pH: 6.5
ammonia: 0
nitrite: 0
nitrate: 20
tank temp: 26

Fish Symptoms (include full description including lesion, color, location, fish behavior): A couple of weeks ago, i noticed that he was having trouble with his balance, and also had a swolen eye, with what looked like fungus on it. I did a large water change, and added the dechlor after the water change, so that the untreated water could treat the fungus a little bit. I also changed the flow, as he was struggling staying upright. He then seemed to perk up, but his eye sayed a bit swolen and a little bit like a blister on it? His eye now seems to still be the same, but now I have also noticed that he cant see out of it. He struggles to reach food in front of him, but does eventually get some, i made sure of that. Poorly fishie
sad.png

Volume and Frequency of water changes: 50% change 1.5 weeks ago

Chemical Additives or Media in your tank: Ferts and liquid CO2

Tank inhabitants: 9 angels, harlequin rasboras, neons, corys

Recent additions to your tank (living or decoration): none really, more plants, but after the first signs of him being poorly.

Exposure to chemicals: just ferts and liquid co2

Digital photo (include if possible):

89DF4CA2-5B25-4C76-A06E-36088D0458A8-423-000000815D996B87.jpg

D3D591F8-F5FD-408F-9EE7-09FE36B44D89-423-0000008184362DE0.jpg

5E56AAA3-3B93-4905-A51A-BF4783EDB376-423-00000081AEE9A94B.jpg

my angel had a similar growth on his eye, but less extreme.. i put melaflex in the tank and in a week it cleared up.

also what other fish do u have in the tank?

Is it possible that he took a battering from another angel? If so I would try doing small daily water changes for a couple of days and see if that helps clear up any infections caused by a wound.

Keep us updated please? He's a beauty!

It is possible, they are always bickering, but nothing serious. He is the biggest one in the tank, hes the boss normally, nut been a bit subdued recently with the illness, maybe he is being bullied.

Dont like him being poorly :(

I have done a 50% W\c today, and will do another one on sunday. apart from being a little subdued, he is eating fine (when he can see where the food is haha) and still bickering with the others when they go near his bush of crypts that he stakes out religiously.

It does look like its starting to clear up a little, but that may just be me imagining its worse than it really is when i picture him in my head! At least I have photos on here to keep reference of his condition :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back