Polkadot Loach Getting Fatter And Fatter

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

mattlee

get on a board and do yo thang...!
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
i have had a trio of these loaches for a while but originally just had the 1. the oldest one has become really fat in the belly compared to the other 2, it hasnt effected the loaches personality, feeding etc but it really is getting quite fat now. its been getting bigger and bigger for the last few months ive tried to catch it to quarentine it and put it on watch or a diet but its almost impossible to catch without stripping the whole tank....!
apart from being fat the loach seems perfectly healthy etc. has anyone got any ideas or a fat polkadot loach.....?

Can you post a picture? As it has been getting bigger over some time it is likely just a fatty but I wouldn't like to say for sure without seeing it.

Can you post a picture? As it has been getting bigger over some time it is likely just a fatty but I wouldn't like to say for sure without seeing it.
yeah of course ill try get a picure for you as i am taking pics today of fish i have to give away... see topic in livestock if your interested in any :good:

pics of fatty loach, theyre the best i could get..... :lol:
006-2.jpg

007-3.jpg

what do you think is he/she a fatty, ill, or pregnant.....?

Not easy fish to catch on camera are they. I would say she is carrying eggs but could just be a fatty, I don't think it is anything to worry about.

Not easy fish to catch on camera are they. I would say she is carrying eggs but could just be a fatty, I don't think it is anything to worry about.
if it is a she and pregnant, any idea how long the pregnancy lasts?

if it is a she and pregnant, any idea how long the pregnancy lasts?
To be honest I don't know, but I do know that there are no recorded cases of breeding in the aquarium. I guess she will eventually absorb the eggs, if she did spawn it is likely that they would get eaten anyhow.

Most reactions

Back