Po says Hi!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Wcked

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
7e37446caa89d2770c9c2d068fc8ac60.jpg

My first beta a few months down the line and he's doing "swimmingly" (pun completely intended!)
He's got some friends in the form of white mountain minnows an assassin snail called Gary (I'm not ashamed) and some shrimp.

They all get on fine and seem happy with there variety of toys from drawings on outside of tanks and ping pong balls!

He also bullies my dog which is hilarious. He will follow her as she walks past and when she turns to look at him he hides. Rinse and repeat the dog is loosing badly!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tetras require a school of six plus minimum and WCMM require a school six plus and require different water parameters, they are coldwater fish.

There aren't any tetras in there and there's 10 wcmm and according to where I got them from there fine in there and they've been there for 4 months and there doing fine.

"doing fine" that is so cool you can talk to fish? you got some skill!
I think the tetra I "saw" was actually a cloud sparkling in the light, looks exactly like a tetra but you say you don't so ok.

Anyway my statement is still correct which you ignored.
WCMM are coldwater fish, bettas are tropical. They both prefer different water parameters, do you test your water? what was your latest result if so?
Personally I don't recommend those 2 fish together. Betta may go after them; and I know what your going to say "oh no but they do just great together and never chase eachother!!!!"
im glad you stare at your tank then for 24 hours a day seven days a week.

I didn't ignore your statement I said that according to where I got them from there fine in there.
You can tell from the temperament if a fish is unhappy but when there swimming around extremely active/inquisitive that tends to apply that they are indeed fine.
It probably was a minnow under the light I have blue lighting over the unplanted side which shines off the minnows.
There may of been some nipping at some points but after 4 months with no deaths and no obvious injuries implies that they are getting on quiet well.

If your going to be sarcastic in your comments I'm not going to reply any further I came here to show off a picture of the fish if you have constructive and polite advice then post it in the build thread and I will listen

didn't ignore your statement I said that according to where I got them from there fine in there.
You can tell from the temperament if a fish is unhappy but when there swimming around extremely active/inquisitive that tends to apply that they are indeed fine.
this isn't true. simply not true.

4 months with no deaths
your journal says otherwise

If your going to be sarcastic
I don't sugarcoat things

Im not telling you to do anything. im suggesting that you don't make your fish suffer. up to you to make a move not me.

Many people including moderators have you told that they are not compatible fish.

I had the one death which was about 2 days after getting them and there was no sign of damage to the body (I forgot about that one and apologise) and there's a difference between sugar coating things and flat out sarcasm

And if you can't tell from temperament again I apologise I assumed and active and inquisitive generally meant healthy fish. And a lazy/lethargic fish meant something was wrong

assumed and active and inquisitive generally meant healthy fish. And a lazy/lethargic fish meant something was wrong
there are vast species of fish out there. including ones like the African butterfly fish, that stay still the majority of the day or night stalking prey waiting to catch something mid air. The whole species then must be ill! Not all fish have the same requirements, or temperaments and personalities.
a difference between sugar coating things and flat out sarcasm
then this classifies as sarcasm.

no sign of damage to the body
Might be because your ammonia was above 0ppm, ammonia is highly toxic to fish. Cycle your tank before you add fish, always. unless you do a fish in cycle which is the equivalent to throwing a person alive into a fire.

Yes the ammonia was high and I realised afterwards that it was way to high which is probably what caused the death which made me feel like **** at the time, I now know that and the weekly changes are keeping it right down and no issues since.

On the temperament side of things I generalised very badly I meant the types in my tank in particular which are generally active fish.

And again I now know I should of cycled and didn't lesson learnt not a mistake that will be repeated.

For future reference the last few comments haven't been sarcastic and have been constructive and I thank you

beta's themselves aren't suppose to be generally active, bouncing off the walls ya' know.
Hope I got the main point through though that your fish thrive in completely different environments. Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should.

Most reactions

trending

Back