FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Gina_TheBetta

Reaction score
I have 2 female betta and 5 platys (2 orange 3 red wags, 3 males 3 females). I adore female fish. They're in my 20 gallon.
Then I have one female betta, 2 cherry barbs and 3 albino cherries. 3 cherry shrimp 3 ember tetras and 3 snails. I dont know why I got pairs of 3, I just did. I feel I'm close to over stocking my 10 gallon because theres this off smell that makes me do a double take. My parameters are great, I dont know the specifics because I get my water tested at my local fish store. My main concern is the smell of my 10 gallon. I just did a 25% water change 2 times in the last week because I swapped out an internal for a backpack filter. I am starting to think this tank is overstocked. Tell me something folks!!

Attachments

• 20171217_215313.jpg
    20171217_215313.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 243
So recently on YouTube I've been seeing people with cherry Barb's in their tank have platys as compatible tank mates and this is where I'm confused. If platies are compatible with cherry barbs and also compatible with bettas then why are cherry barbs not compatible with bettas? at least that's what some people on the farm have told me. I'm confused because how can they have different water parameters yet both Cherry barbs and bettas are also compatible with platys. Are platys that versatile? in my mind that should mean that barbs and bettas can also be compatible, right? One likes harder water and the other soft but aside from that that theres only one betta in the tank as there is 2 cherries and 3 albino cherries.

Last edited:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back