Pleco Help - King Tiger Pleco And Para Pleco

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Gadgetman1805

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi everyone!, just recently aquired a king tiger pleco hes a real beauty i will post up pics once this is all sorted out. basically the problem is that my para pleco as lovley as he is! if this placid guy comes near goes into a mental frenzy pushing it away and scraping with it!
ive just introduced my king tiger and dont want anything bad to happen to it! is there anyhting i can do? ive created lots of caves out of coconut shells after boiling them etc making sure dont leak tannins.

at the moment the king tiger has found its home at the other end of the tank whilst the para pleco lives with the clowns my tank is 180 juwel vision looking to upgrade to 260 litre next year after my degree finished! dont have the time at the mo.

bascially want to know are these 2 actually compatible? and how can i stop them from fighting with each other. at the moment its calmed down so i asume it was just a territorial thing? can anyone please suggest anything

thanks

The problem you have is adding the new boy... the Para seas the tank as his and the new pleco as an intruder...

You should be able to sort it out by moving the tank about that way neither will have a territory and the para will need to sort out his boundary's again ;)

The problem you have is adding the new boy... the Para seas the tank as his and the new pleco as an intruder...

You should be able to sort it out by moving the tank about that way neither will have a territory and the para will need to sort out his boundary's again ;)

cheers mate will do that the clowns seem to have separated and siding with either one at opposite ends 2 with the king tiger in his cave and the other 2 with the para pleco in his cave! oh well ill get some more coocnut shells might create a divide.

hows things? glad to hear from other posts your zeb's are doing well! one day will keep em when have another tank give em one to themselves!

Most reactions

trending

Back