Pleco has a brown/orange spot

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Guangxin Zou

Reaction score
Hello, I noticed on my plecos fin that there's a brown spot that's flaking off. Not too sure whats happening. Does anyone have any ideas? Its been there for awhile now and it hasn't spread to any other spots. It also hasn't disappeared over time.

Attachments

• IMG_7444[1].JPG
    IMG_7444[1].JPG
    1,000.9 KB · Views: 320
Hi and welcome to the forum :)

It doesn't look like a disease. It could be a piece of dead skin or some plant. Have you tried to carefully grab it with your fingers and see if it comes off?

Hi and welcome to the forum :)

It doesn't look like a disease. It could be a piece of dead skin or some plant. Have you tried to carefully grab it with your fingers and see if it comes off?
Its been there for at least a few weeks now. I don't think its a dead plant, probably some dead skin. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't some sort of disease that could spread to my other fishes.

If it spreads to the other fish then it is something new that I haven't seen before and that would be interesting for me but probably not for you :)

Just monitor it and if it gets worse then post another pic. But I think it is most likely just some dead skin that will remain there until it breaks off. :)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back