Plec For 20 Gallon High

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Spader

Fishaholic
Reaction score
How big do small plecs get because i want one for my 20 gallon high, if it cant fit what other kinds can i get? thanks!

Rubbernose plecs (singly) or otos (in a group) are your best bet in terms of algae-eaters. However, there are quite a few small plecs (though generaly rather more expensive as well :p) that would be fine in a small tank but are no use for algae-eating.

Take care not to buy a common plec having been told that it's a 'small-growing variety' - there's no such thing :p

I just like how they look. im aware of the common plec growing way too big lol. maybe ill get some otos. would 3 be fine?

Yep, 3 would do fine. Make shure there is plenty of food for them as they are liable to starve if you aren't careful. Also, take care to buy healthy oens as, oftentimes, they are not in very good condition at LFSs. They soon become quite active and attractive fish. There are actualy quite a few species if you want to spend a little extra time locating some of the rarer varieties.

If it's looks your after, there are some fab mini L numbers that are becoming more available. Have a look on Planet Catfish, you'd want something with a max size of under 4/5".

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back