Please help

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Tanya farrell

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hello

My angle fish had eggs about 3 days ago , I'm now looking after them , I have a picture of them ,
Could someone tell me if there are alive ? They havnt move or anything , these some black bits but there no moving ,
Are they alive ?
What should I do
Why are they stuck together other ?

Attachments

• IMG_1528.PNG
    IMG_1528.PNG
    265 KB · Views: 117
Did you remove them from the parents? What is your setup for the hatching tank?

They don't look too great IMO. It's better to leave the eggs with the parents so they can guard and keep them oxygenated by moving water over them with their fins. It's hard to tell from the picture, but do the eggs look kinda fuzzy? If so then I'd say they have fungus growing on them and are more than likely dead/infertile.

Healthy eggs should be relatively clear and then grey/black as the fry develop.

I moved them as there won't getting looked after , no not fuzzy , they are just stuck together , there are sugar brown some are white which are bad . Some have black bits but not many

It can take angels a few tries before they learn how to look after their eggs properly; you should definitely leave them next time, like Demeter says.

I doubt those eggs you have viable; angel eggs should be stuck to a surface of some sort (angels often use filter boxes or plant leaves to lay the eggs on), and need to be in a properly filtered and oxygenated tank, if you're going to get any to hatch, or raise any fry.

what should I do with them then ?
I can see a couple with black bits ?

Chuck them out and wait until they spawn again.

If you want to raise healthy fry, you need to be set up in advance; you'll need, at the very least, an extra tank with filter and heater for growing on the fry.

im not going to throw them if there might be a change of them living x

Do you have a heated and cycled tank tank for any fry that hatch?

You need to get some air running into that container you've got the eggs in; they need a lot of oxygen, and you usually want the eggs to be moving, so quite a lot of agitation. Some methylene blue would help keep off any fungus. You'll also need infusoria or microworms for feeding the fry.

Ok thank you so much guys , I will see what happened to these eggs , but I will no what to do next time , at least it won't be unexpected

The best thing to do is think about setting up a proper breeding tank for your angels. Then you can let them breed, without too much hassle from other fish, and they'll learn to look after the eggs and fry, eventually :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back