Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi

is this whitespot on my panda corys

DSC00670.jpg

DSC00667.jpg

DSC00671.jpg

thanks

They are larger than I would say is normal for white spot, but that could be the focus.

Does it look like the fish has been sprinkled in grains of salt?

Or does it look more fluffy/cottony in appearance?

Water stats in ammonia, nitrIte, nitrAte please, size of tank and other occupants, how long have they been in the tank, any new fish/plants added recently?

some of them look like they have be sprinkled in salt and they don't look fluffy or cottony but it is hard to see

my look big because they are baby pandas

nitrite = 0
nitrate = 10
ammonia = 0.25 (was 0 before i bought the new tetras)

tank size is 90ltrs (60 cm W x 35 cm D x 50 cm H)

tank occupants = 2 Bolivian Rams, 10 Ember Tetra, 6 Corydoras Panda, Panaque maccus

new ember tetras add this week

Ok, yes Ich/whitespot, possibly bought in via the new tetras plus the added stress of the ammonia rise.

You need to do a w/c to get the ammonia down to 0, remove carbon (if you have any) from the filters and start a course of whitespot treatment, interpet no 6 or protozin or similar (whatever your LFS has) and follow the instructions on the bottle precisely, try to get a med that is suitable for corydoras or half dose one that isnt.

Up the temperature to 80, it will speed up the life cycle of the ich parasite, which will drop off quicker, its when the parasite is free swimming stage that it is most vulnerable to medication, so do not stop meds just because the fish do not have any more spots.

just come back from lfs , started to do a water change before adding treatment and seen another cory looking worst and now im thinking it is not whitespot

DSC00672.jpg

DSC00676.jpg

DSC00677.jpg

ps the showing of amonnia i think is down to a ph crash (possibly)

Corys are not prone to whitespot.
Does the white on the fish look like cotton wool or strand of cotton.
Can also see abit on an inflamed area on the corys gill.

it looks abit like cotton but i have noticed it seems to come off when they move about and also most of the seem to not have any white bits know.
ive started treating them with pimafix and melafix so hopefully that might sort the problem

Any improvement as I would of used myxazin by waterlife and pimafix.
Melafix is only good on cuts and wounds.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back