Please help not sure about fish tank stand strength

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

matty111

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi guys i have just started back into this awesome hobby as my other half got me the fluval flex for christmas.

I have set it up and have bought a pine stand for it but i keep freaking out about the strength of it. it looks strong but i just feel like i need a second opinion its 57l tank heres a pic let me know what you think

Thanks guys.

2cd625df539f1efcf40c2e5aaf480c2a.jpg

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

Going by the photo, I wold think this is OK. The frame and vertical "legs" of the pine cabinet seem to be underneath the top which provides very good support, as opposed to if the top was somehow fastened to the sides of the supports rather than on top of the ends. If that makes sense...

A 57 liter is 15 gallons, and each gallon of water is about 10 pounds. Plus of course the tank itself, substrate, any rock/wood, etc.

Thank you sir i am loveing this tank its like the inside of a dentist room haha
58c6d67d4ba66c1260bf12bc4d35f744.jpg

57 litres is 57 kg.

Less than the weight of the average uk male....

Really silly test we did with our big tank that weighs in at about 300kg all in, was for me, the wife and my neighbours next door to stand on the stand (er?) like a bad 'It ain't half hot mum' tribute, (ask your parents if you don't know) it was 6ft long and going on foot and a half wide so we had room. Jumped up and down etc. It never so much as squeaked.

Not very scientific but hey, you work with the material you have eh

Hahaha thats funny i dont know why but i have had tanks all my life and now i have my own home i suddenly care about things like this lol carnt wait to get it all set up and get back into this hobby.

That cabinet is fine. Its good for 100 to 150kg easily, I have 2 like it.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back