Please help Molly with unknown disease?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Charlotte1016

Reaction score
Hello,

Please would someone help.

My Molly has what I can only imagine to be a scrape on her head which has white fur? Hair? Fungi? Growing from it which seems to be growing.

Can anyone tell me what to do? Will it infect the other fish? Can I help her?

Thank you in advance

Attachments

• IMG_7853.JPG
    IMG_7853.JPG
    668.9 KB · Views: 170
It looks like a fungal infection. You can buy antifungal fish meds, but the first priority should be making sure the water is clean and warm so that the wound can heal. Do you know the parameters of this aquarium? (Ammonia, Nitrite, Nitrate)

It looks like a fungal infection. You can buy antifungal fish meds, but the first priority should be making sure the water is clean and warm so that the wound can heal. Do you know the parameters of this aquarium? (Ammonia, Nitrite, Nitrate)
I took a sample of the water to my local pet shop which was tested and levels came back good. Should I be seperating from other fish? Her head went red for a few days and then turned into this! Thank you so much for your help

Do you know the exact levels? Good can mean many things.
Sorry for the late response.

I would recommend getting a water testing kit so you can test the water parameters yourself. And just incase it is contagious, I would move her to a quarantine tank to make sure it doesn't spread to any of your other fish. I could be wrong about moving her, but I guess better safe than sorry. And as the person above me said, I would get some antifungal medicine.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back