Please help me

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Guppys34

Reaction score
Came home today to find my orange platy with part of tall missing looks like someone has took a chunk out of her tail she was fine when i left this morning bug to be fair i quickly fed them them left for work but I don't see any signs that she was being bullied
By another fish or my 2 frogs I'll try add pic have cryed to add one before with no luck please help yeah done it

Attachments

• 15289029073298783303267397917096.jpg
    15289029073298783303267397917096.jpg
    609.9 KB · Views: 218
She is no in separate tank with my one eyed fish who lost an eye in same tank before I move her also

what else is in the tank and what type of frogs?
I have guppies and 2 african dwarf frogs
Which have been together since I got my tank so seems strange that now there fight all water tested with tetra master kit all good there so stumped as to what's happened

I have guppies and 2 african dwarf frogs
Which have been together since I got my tank so seems strange that now there fight all water tested with tetra master kit all good there so stumped as to what's happened
Oh and I have one tetra left

By the size of the bite in the tail I would say one of the frogs did it. The frog might have matured or just been hungry when the platy swam by and got chomped :)

By the size of the bite in the tail I would say one of the frogs did it. The frog might have matured or just been hungry when the platy swam by and got chomped :)
Will it be ok will she die from this

Healthy fish can regrow their tail and fins without any problems. Just monitor the wound for infections. If it goes white and fluffy it has a fungal infection. If it goes red then it has a bacterial infection. But the fish should be fine so just monitor over the next few weeks.

If it goes red or white and fluffy or even if you are just concerned about it, post another picture and we can check it for you :)

---------------------
Make sure the frogs are well fed and do regular water changes. And if anymore fish get bitten then move the fish into another tank. :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back