PLATY HAS BENT SPINE PLEASE HELP

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

animal_man1738

Reaction score
So a week ago I bought a female platy. When I bought it it seemed fine, however, it started acting strange and getting really thin. Now, the spine on the fish is bent and it looks in BAD condition. Is this contagious(should I remove the fish asap)? Do I have to put down this fish? Thank you so much
ps the water is good none of my other fish seem affected and I have a 55 gallon tank with platys tetras mollies etc.
I have included a picture if that helps.

Could you post the actual numbers from your tests, please? Exactly how many fish do you have? How long has the tank been set up, is it heated and filtered, and do you know if it's cycled?

Sorry for all the questions, but there's just not enough information in your first post for us to be able to make a diagnosis.

Well there are 15 fish total,7 platies. The tank has been set up for about 8 months. It is heated and filtered, and not sure if its cycled.

First port of call is to make sure yhe tank is cycled.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

yes, the tank is cycled. Do you think this is tuberculosis, and if it is, what should I do? I don't want my other fish to get sick should I put it in a hospital tank?

Could you post the actual numbers from your tests, please? Exactly how many fish do you have? How long has the tank been set up, is it heated and filtered, and do you know if it's cycled?

Sorry for all the questions, but there's just not enough information in your first post for us to be able to make a diagnosis.
Tank is heated and filtered, and I am sure it is not the water

Tank is filtered and kepy at 82, and I am sure it is not te water. DO you think it is a tuberculosis?

Most reactions

trending

Back