Plants with black spots and clear patches newbie in need of help

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Ccga

Reaction score
Hi

I have had my tank up and running for two and half weeks now and going really well apart from the plants.

I purchased these a few days ago and they seem to have either black spots on them or some of the leaves seem to be going clear? I have attached a picture.

0d55ca8323313c814b9ac1cc281d9622.jpg

I have very hard water 318ppm taken from local water authority website
Ph 8.2 done with master test kit.

I did a 60%water change on 6th.
I will do all the other tests shortly.

Unfortunately I have fish in my tank as a my mum got me them for my birthday on 30th not knowing what a fish less cycle was. But I am doing very well and keeping all numbers low.

I have 5 fish 3 Black Neon Tetra and 2 Glow Light Tetra 2 Amano Shrimp and a snail but I now think I have a few more snails brought in with the new plants.

The tank is a Superfish home 40. Which I believe I can have about 13 fish in eventually.

So sorry to jabber on but I'm a little worried and don't want to get my tank messed up after I've done so well so far.

Thank you in advance

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

The plants you have should grow wel under the lighting supplied with the super fish 40 - it can take up to 3 weeks for plants to show any changes in their appearance once their environment changes, id leave them be and they should pick up without any need for fertilising.

Thank you. So the black spots and the clear patches nothing to worry about.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back