Planted Pea Puffer Savannah

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°
And well, since I was testing I figured might as well test everything else too.

PH 7.6 ppm
Ammonia 0ppm
Nitrites 0ppm
Nitrates 0ppm

I was surprised my PH no longer drops so I guess enough tannins were removed from the wood. This is good news since the Peas donā€™t appreciate a PH that is too low. :)

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I purchased a few other items along with the phosphate test.

I noticed the left side of my tank had a bit of a dead spot where the plants didnā€™t move and the sand was dirty as well. So I purchased the smallest circulation pump I could find and added that in to get more movement in that area which will hopefully circulate the fertilizer better... this also in the hopes of combating algae. Not to mention that it will make vacuuming the sand easier if the waste were to pile up where it was easier to see and reach.

3bdf5a65-7814-401f-90b9-f1b321f36218-jpeg.369578

And since I was checking for ammonia constantly I decided to try this 24/7 tester by Seachem.

59c62d49-6e5c-4126-97d8-defaea009232-jpeg.369579

These shells I got especially for the snails.

175d2f43-4d7a-49f5-a9e2-e310adc3a3fc-jpeg.369576

Quite hilariously fine print on those shells. :D

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I tried feeding blanched zucchini to the otos and some shrimp I have in another tank. No one wanted it. :( I cooled it off and everything....

View attachment 86035

My ottos loved it but Iā€™d blanch it then run a knife all over crisscrossing the surface to soften it up foe their delicate mouths and easier foe the shrimp to pick at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back