Planted Pea Puffer Savannah

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Now im getting excited for my 55 gallon build lol.It looks very good now though with the tannins and plants.

Reading and watching other builds definitely played a part in this one. I was very limited on space and nearly put the tank into my bedroom before choosing that final spot and all because I was watching a build of someone else that put it in her bedroom. The idea of watching the fish while trying to sleep would be therapeutic, I thought. Best of luck to you! :good:

I need some help regarding the bulbs. I'm not sure how deep to plant them. I have them mostly buried in with the upper portion out of the sand. However, they have what look like roots coming out of the top not just the plant. I don't know if I'm supposed to bury that bit? I realize it's the type of plant that grows then dies then later grows again.

IMG_9098.JPG

i would say leave a small bit if the top sticking out as it will give a more natural look.

when are you getting the pea puffers

After it's fully planted and the water tests are consistent I'll move a fish from another tank in to test the waters and season it up a bit. Then I'll place an order for the puffers. I'm already expecting the puffers will take quite some time to arrive.

When are you starting your moss wall?

Once I get the tank up and running lol.Still figuring out how I am going to do it.Also about the bulb.Roots sticking out is fine like that,it leads to no problems.

Yesturday we noticed several baby snails and clumps of eggs all over the place. I couldn't focus in on the babies but here are the parents and the eggs.

IMG_2733.jpg

IMG_2719.jpg

IMG_2718.jpg

I can't tell the difference. LFS said Ramshorn, so I guess they can't either. They are breeding really fast, found 2 more clumps of eggs. I ordered a separate container to keep them in so the puffers don't decimate the entire population at one meal.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back