Planted Nano - Substrate Requirements? - Australian Sources?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Smelliot

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Here we go, I'm thinking of setting up a planted nano tank approx 30L

- One betta will reside in this tank with maybe a couple of bristlenose plecos or shrimp if I can manage to source some decent species.

- I'm curious as to what kind of substrate I should use and where is it located.

- Plant wise I'm also unsure as I live in Western Australia this makes sourcing quite hard especially for those more unique plants. However I have found this site which can ship to me so any ideas off this site would be greatly appreciated
http://aquaticplantsntanks.com.au/catalog/aquatic-plants

- Any other advice on planted aquariums, fertilizing and substrates would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks heaps, Smelliot

P.S. I'm also going to add some driftwood.

Hey, 
As for the bristle nose, in a 30L, I wouldn't recommend it. They can grow up to 12cm I believe and even one in that tank wouldn't be all that happy, sorry. Maybe have a look at some of the Corydoras Species, or as you said shrimp :)

If you were to go with any cory's, they thrive on a sand substrate. 

I'm also Australian and having a hard time finding plants, so I have to thank you for that site, and good luck! 

I know that, I have many tanks I just chuck the fry in random tanks to help cleaning them... I already have a cory tank as well so thanks anyways I wouldn't want to put them in a 30L tank.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back