Planted Freshwater Aquarium

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
not much going on, I will say though there is a BUNCH of new growth in both tanks, really excited for everything in the 5.5G to fill out more on the right side :D.
As for the fluval on the right side the anubias melferi (I think it is) is getting huge and out of control, but im just going to let it do its thing, as for the regular anubias (great name right) its growing pretty good, not as fast though. The temple plants I cut in half and they are now growing really good, there's like 7 now I think since I prop. them.
So yea :)

So heres the aquariums
The ludwiga I ordered from aquariumplants.com is doing ok, the other plants I ordered all died though unfortunately.. (don't order from aquariumplants.com...)

Attachments

• nnn.jpg
    nnn.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 136
  • nnn2.jpg
    nnn2.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 135
Sorry for the long forgotten update.

Both the tanks looks Completely different now, re-scaped them and they look good to me! :) also the ludwiga is doing ok and is growing pretty quick, how does it spread or do I have to spread it? I replanted a cutting from it yesterday, hopefully it lives and thrives to. Only one major issue I am having and that's algae, brown algae is taking over apparently so im doing the all so ever risky dark out for a bit, the plants should make it since I opened up the blinds slightly this morning. The fish are doing good, I think ive said this but the Damaged Gourami is now perfectly healed, he honestly looks better than he did before! And in the other tank (5.5) I purchased a new hood and light from amazon, hoping that it comes when it said it will, 5 working days. Otherwise nothing is new or has been going on.

Now in real life, the foundation to my new house is being build currently, and I will say to me its going quite fast! which im really happy for because I don't enjoy living in a small temporary camper as much as I would be in a house lol. plus I cant have the 75G up in a camper! :(
I think concerning the 75G im going to plant it, dutch style low tech. See how that works, I will be using for it, some shop lights nothing special because apparently that works best, those lights or the ones I had before, and ill be using a black or dark substrate so algae doesn't tend to grow all over it like it does with my sand.

Thanks for reading! 

Heres the pictures of my current tank setup, I am having some issues as I said before but, its going ok :)
Also

Happy 1st day of Fall​

Attachments

• 9_21_19_005_8.jpg
    9_21_19_005_8.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 158
  • 9_21_19_001_8.jpg
    9_21_19_001_8.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 167
  • first-day-of-fall-2016-northern-hemisphere-5139283208830976_2-hp.gif
    first-day-of-fall-2016-northern-hemisphere-5139283208830976_2-hp.gif
    209.6 KB · Views: 165
You have a Gouramin with Bettas?

I do have him in there with the bettas, yes they get along fine. :l people ask this often so don't feel as if you the first lol :) And the cherry barbs also don't bother or are bothered.

Where did you get those rocks? :eek:

I got them in a local river, cleaned.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back