Plant Identification Help

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

ponyofishyinthesea

Reaction score
I went to a new fish shop today and got some plants ...... only one of them had a label, but when i looked it up it turned out to be unsuitable for fish (dracaena sanderiana yellow) .. with that now planted in a pot on my window sill instead of in my tank :S i wanted to I.D the rest of the plants before i endanger my fish ... i have a horrible suspicion that i've spent my money on non aquatic plants that the fish shop decided to put underwater .. please help :S

17uzcz.jpg

2808lrb.jpg

k1uzgx.jpg

2nqzfqt.jpg

e16qgn.jpg

Well I can tell you straight off the 1st and 3rd are not aquatic plants

The second one looks like Ludwigia, 4th is java fern and 5th looks like eleocharis, but don't quote me on them

Thank you, well i wont be going back there again .. very disappointed :(

just looked at my tank, a few of the fishes are hiding and not happy..... iv'e taken out the one with purple and green leaves because it didn't look too happy under the water .... in the lfc the man said it was a relative of amazon sword, but now im not too sure

if anyone else can definitively tell me what the plants are id be grateful

Yeah Dave is right and the 2nd is a Sword, be aware it will more than likely melt and die back before growing in its submerged form, a lot of people think its dying when this happens but bare with it and it will shoot new leaves eventually.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back