Planaria Worm [emoji50]

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

pandagobyguy

Reaction score
I found a half inch long white worm with a triangular (very noticeably pointed) head crawling on the glass. I only found one but suspect more are present. I believe it is a planaria worm (didnt get pic sorry).

I have been reading a lot about planaria and now i am not sure if planaria worms are actually harmful. I have seen both.

I understand they are often misidentified. I looked at both detritus worms and hydroids. It is neither of these.

If they are actually harmful what are methods for removal?
I have heard of a dog medication but are there other options? (I also saw a water bottle trap but i was wondering if anyone can verify this method actually cures not just treats)

Hi

Any chance of a photo?

I have heard of a dog medication but are there other options?
Yes, Its called Genchem No Planaria, while it is fish and shrimp safe when used strictly as instructed it is not snail safe, it will kill Ramshorns, Malaysian Trumpet snails, Mystery snails and Nerites.

If you have carbon in the filter you will need to remove it.

I also recommend you add a air-stone connected to an air pump to the tank during treatment.

No Planaria comes with a measuring spoon.

I have used Genchem No Planaria several times without any adverse affects on my fish and shrimp.

Regards
Nick.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back