Plakat Aggresion Vs. Non-plakat

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Snooks1!

Fish Addict
Reaction score
I've been wondering...Why are plakats generally more aggressive than other sorts of bettas? Aside from being bred for their aggression; is there any other reason as to why they are so feisty?

Also, how long should I give my females time to get used to each other before I should start worrying about stress and aggression? They don't seem to be aggressive at all, but both are striped and flare at each other every now and then. Other than that, there doesn't seem to be any problems. Should I just give them a night to get acquainted before I start thinking about separating them?

:unsure: dont take my every word for this, but i think alot of betta's are aggressive, but the PK are shorter finned there for alot faster and made to be killing machines....
there are other PK's that are laid back.....

As far as I know, it's just from them being originally bred for their aggression. Many Thai breeders still value aggression when choosing their breeders, even if it's not their primary focus.

Striping, flaring, chasing, and the occasional nip are normal even in a well established community of females. If they're not even taking chunks out of each others' fins, they're doing really well together.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back