FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Reaction score
Common Name: Pitbull Pleco, IDA-25

Scientific Name: Parotocinclus jumbo

Family: Loricariidae

Origin: South America

Maximum Size: 2.4" (6cm)

Feeding: Pitbull Plecos are herbivore's so plenty of veg will help them. They will feast on algae found on glass and ornaments in a tank. Can also be fed flake foods, food tablets, algae wafers and occasionally live or frozen foods such as Daphina and Tubiflex

Breeding + Sexing: Males are identified by having longer pelvic fins than females. They are very similar to Cory cats with regards to breeding.

Care: Prefers sand as a base for the tank, although areas of gravel are also acceptable. Make sure that the gravel has no sharp edges because they like to roll the gravel between their 'suckers' to eat the small organic matter that is found on them. They are peaceful community fish and are brilliant for controlling algae and cleaning the bottom of a tank. Should be kept in at least pairs.

IMG_3171_edited.jpg

I just thought that you might like a picture of a group of Pitbulls seeing as they are playful little creatures and do prefer to be in groups than individuals.

These are not my current Pitbulls but the previous inhabitants although I do now have 4 again.

220207.jpg

Andy

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back