Pink Kissers With White Spot

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

TarkMalbot

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Should be able to get better pictures but the fish seem to be a little slow and noticed white marks on them today.

aaa002.jpg

Yes that is whitespot/ich/ick. Whichever of the three you prefer to call it.

So Temp up to 29, Water change, gravel clean and then treat for it then?

Sounds like a great plan! You know what to use for treatment?

Was thinking of Interpet #6 for white spot?

Any other Ideas or known treatments?

PS. How likely is it to kill the fish? Looks like the Sailfin Molly has it too. And will all the others get it?

Hi m8, I treated for whitespot earlier this month due to some recently added Clown Loaches using Protozin, even though I always usually use interpet products.
Protozin is a 4 day course which u use on the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 6th days.
I noticed whilst I was treating, that the clown loaches got worse with the white spot and I did lose 2 out of the 3.
I haven't treated them since, and 2 weeks later, everything is fine.
I didn't do any water changes before or after treatment, as we have utterly crap water where I live, so bad, the P.H tends to crash a day or so after the water change.
I think treating for whitespot is a bit hit and miss, depending on what species you are treating it for, and also the size and sensitivity of the fish.
As for treatment, I would go with the Interpet 1 if u feel comfortable with their range of products, which I must admit, I've found the 1's that I have used all excellent.

Thanks for that. Bit of a disaster cos after work all the pet shops were shut and pets at home didn't have any!! Another question is how long do you leave the temperature up for?

Managed to get some interpet white spot treatment. Wasn't expecting to have to take the carbon filters and ornaments out though?? Does the blue colour stain the glass and stuff and how does it affect the plants?

Was thinking of Interpet #6 for white spot?

Any other Ideas or known treatments?

PS. How likely is it to kill the fish? Looks like the Sailfin Molly has it too. And will all the others get it?

I use the interpet number six as it is what is easily available locally and have heard that a little aquatic salt can also help medication. I too had trouble due to newly added loaches, they got worse and lost them both, it spread throughout my tank and in the end had to use methalyn blue in order to sort it out which risks damaging your filter and killing all your plants. In the end I lost 1 chocolate gourami, my two loaches and a cardinal, considering I had a tank of 30 fish and every fish had it including my fighter, I was lucky. My sailfins survived though as did my kissing gourami.

Good luck in your treatment, I hope it works.

Tan

I don't know if you have it where you are but I use quick cure. It works okay with all of my fish but the only drawback is it stains any silicon or air line tubing blue (I kind of like the added color though.) It is pretty simple and cheap and will not harm non scaled fish.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back