Pimelodus Blochii Compat

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Tiger Tiger

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
i have a Pimelodus blochii at present and 4 pictus with banjo and a armoured cat in one tank.
They all seem to be OK but i would like to add a shovelnose.
I have had one before so i know what size etc i know they can get too but they are my favourite cat.

Could there be trouble ahead?

i have a Pimelodus blochii at present and 4 pictus with banjo and a armoured cat in one tank.
They all seem to be OK but i would like to add a shovelnose.
I have had one before so i know what size etc i know they can get too but they are my favourite cat.

Could there be trouble ahead?

depends on species on shovelnose,

Tiger shovelnose is a definite no as these will grow to an excess of 3 feet in captivity alone.

The Shovelnose Catfish however should be ok provided the other catfish are all a good size,
These can get to about 18 inches but usually peak at closer to 12"

What size tank do you have?

It's a 90 gallon and also has 4 clown loach at 7 inches at present. It's well filtered so no problem but i think with the shovel that will be it.

We still need to know which species of "shovelnose" it is. There are multiple cats with that label. Please use scientific names!

Sorubim lima (not the tiger)

By the way what is the one in your signature...Very nice

That's a sturgeon catfish - Platystomatichthys sturio in her signature. Needs a very wide tank as it has very long barbels ;).

Yes, a sorubim lima should be fine, imo (most caresheets say 75 gallons minimum, I'd feel more comfortable with saying 120 though)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back