Photos Of Guppy Giving Birth

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Thanks everyone :D BigIan, If I have some more, I'd be happy to post some to you (at some point down the line) if you cover postage.

They're Wild Strain Guppies and just "Spear Tails" as far as I know :dunno:

They are kept on their own though and don't mix with my Endlers (in another tank) or they will certainly cross breed. Interesting that the females also have that high long dorsal fin and a cute "spear" shaped tail.
Nice also that they are so small and can easily be kept in smaller tanks - as long as fry are kept under control.

Thanks everyone :D BigIan, If I have some more, I'd be happy to post some to you (at some point down the line) if you cover postage.

They're Wild Strain Guppies and just "Spear Tails" as far as I know :dunno:

They are kept on their own though and don't mix with my Endlers (in another tank) or they will certainly cross breed. Interesting that the females also have that high long dorsal fin and a cute "spear" shaped tail.
Nice also that they are so small and can easily be kept in smaller tanks - as long as fry are kept under control.

i wasn't planning on puting them in together with endlers. but i would like some. hmmm.... too bad you are in the UK or i would ask for some fry and i would pay for them and shipping. do you know of any suppliers that may supply the US. i.e are their any common lfs (chain stores) that may carry them. or a dealer that will ship to the US that you know of?

thanks and again they are beautiful fish. i especially love the first male you posted a pic of

those guppies are so gorgous, I wish I could find them around where I live.

wow your fish are so beautiful! i wish i could find some like that! even tho i love mine too :wub: amazing pictures though! good camera work! :nod:

them pics are excelent.
i would love to see a picture of the fry later on as they start to develop thier colours
considering the colours on that lovely male.
were did you get him from.
good luck.
by the way. for immeadiate results put your fry in a breeding trap and feed them frozen,dried
brineshrimp (£1.59) ($3.00) this brings the colour straight out.
you can also try when the fry get bigger growth pellet which are excelent and have a lot of protien
in but be carefull for an overdose as this will send your nitrite levels sky high.
black molly3

Thanks :) Being so small the females usually have between 5 and 9 (the most I've yet counted).

Here are a couple more of the males (note to self: clean glass next time !)

IMG_6487ca.jpg

IMG_6482cas.jpg
When my mollie gave birth today I counted 10, and when I removed all the ornaments to catch them all, I found 30+!

Very nice pictures Bloozoo! The parents are great looking. I used to have a lot of spear tails, in a lot of colors but gradually got out of them into the rarer Livebearers. I gave them to my LFS and still see some of their fry there. :wub:

You should post them into the Guppy Profile. If you don't mind, I might add one into my FAQ. With credit of course. :)

No probs at all Annastasia :) and thanks for the comments again guys.

I will add some pics onto the guppy profile too :thumbs:

i dont mean to sound cheeky but can you take a few more pictures of the males and
if you can some pictures of the fry.
if you consider selling the fry i would be most happy to buy a few at a agreeable price.
thanks
black molly3

i dont mean to sound cheeky but can you take a few more pictures of the males and
if you can some pictures of the fry.
if you consider selling the fry i would be most happy to buy a few at a agreeable price.
thanks
black molly3

lol sure I will try - though to be honest they are pretty fast and I have to take loads of pics just to end up with a few that are (in my opinion) kinda OK. And I also think they are much prettier than the photos do them justice.

If you are in the UK, I'd be happy to send you some a few months down the line as long as you cover postage. If you can't wait that long, you can get some from Wholesale Tropicals in London. I think they were £5 a pair and they do postage too.

also how do you get pictures from a digitak
l camara onto here.
thanks

I just connect the camera to my pc, download the photos onto my pc. Then crop the photos to the right size and upload them to www.photobucket.com. Then once they are on photobucket, I copy the IMG link under the photo and paste it into the post here :)

Hope that helps.

thanks much appriciated.
il try to get my pics on later on in the day after i get my GUPPYS :drool: lol.
i seen your guppys and decided to get a pair.
not as nice as yours but.
remember what i said about those frozen dried brineshrimp.
it realy does make the difference.
my 2 fry have doubled in size over the last 2 days and are starting to develop beutiful colours
thanks
black molly3

Did you go to Wholesale Tropicals then ? Yes, the ones they usually sell there are still Juvi's and not fully developed finnage.

Thanks for the tip - I'll remember what you said about those frozen dried brineshrimp ;)

anytime bloozoo.
if you ever need any help just send me a PM and il try my best to
come up with an answer.
also i pluged my camara in and it is not doing nothing what do i need
to do so the pictures come up.
thanks
black molly3
By the way iv just got my 2 new guppys and there lovely.
not as nice as yours though.
any tips on breeding them.

Most reactions

trending

Back