Pets At Home

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Jayne23

Reaction score
Hi.

Does anybody know if Pets at Home will take fish back? I'm fairly new to fish keeping and was sold 3 male mollies in january, I was told by a member of staff that they are great community fish and get along fine with other fish. I have 4 corydoras and 9 neon tetras, my mollies were fine at first and didn't bother with the other fish, but recently they have started to attack each other and they are badly attacking my corydoras, Iv noticed cuts and bruises on the biggest cory and the smallest cory as blood on his side. The tank is 90L so I'm sure it's big enough, and iv tested the water and that is also fine, so they arent kept in poor conditions to cause them to be aggressive. Are mollies normally aggressive fish? Are Pets at Home just talking complete crap about them being great fish?

Thanks. x

Hi.

Does anybody know if Pets at Home will take fish back? I'm fairly new to fish keeping and was sold 3 male mollies in january, I was told by a member of staff that they are great community fish and get along fine with other fish. I have 4 corydoras and 9 neon tetras, my mollies were fine at first and didn't bother with the other fish, but recently they have started to attack each other and they are badly attacking my corydoras, Iv noticed cuts and bruises on the biggest cory and the smallest cory as blood on his side. The tank is 90L so I'm sure it's big enough, and iv tested the water and that is also fine, so they arent kept in poor conditions to cause them to be aggressive. Are mollies normally aggressive fish? Are Pets at Home just talking complete crap about them being great fish?

Thanks. x

Where are you located?

Never had experience with taking fish back to them but I'm sure they would although I wouldn't be expecting money back for them.
Mollies are good community fish I've found when I kept them years ago. Is it a planted tank/have decoration, some fish like to have their own areas but I cannot remember if its the case with mollies.

Hi.

Thanks. x

Where are you located?

Stoke-On-Trent.

Hi Micko.

I'm not 2 bothered about the money, just as long as they will take them back. Yes they have plenty of live plants, bogwood and other decoration. I really don't know why they have suddenly become aggressive, someone else has said you shouldnt keep males together, or if you do you need 2 females to each male, and i just dont have the room 2 have 6 more mollies.

I would have given them a new home but thats too far sorry :(

Awwww thats a shame :( I really don't want to let them go but can't have them being this aggressive with the other fish, and I don't really have the room to buy another tank for them. I would love for them to go to a good home, but Iv tried on local fb pages etc and nobody seems too want them.

I feel really bad on them but I don't really know what else I can do.

Thanks for your interest in them by the way :)

Iv got a few fish from pets at home, if you have only had the fish for a little while the will swap them or money back if you have the recept for it, but of you have had it a while they will just keep the fish

You could offer them in the classified section here?

Pets at Home would prob offer you credit for them rather than refund you the money. But they would defo take them back, if you still have the receipt?

G

It may be too late now but if you wanted to keep the male mollies try introducing 4-6 female mollies to the tank, they should take their mind off the other fish you have, but make sure you have more females then males otherwise the males will start fighting with eachother.

They will take them back, but you won't get a refund unless you have the receipt.
Mollies aren't usually aggressive, & I wouldn't recommend getting females, that could just make the problem worse, plus you'd end up with lots of fry

I asked the manager at p@h if he could take my fish back and he said no because they do t know if our wter quality is perfect and disease free not as if thers are fine tho

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back