Pearl Gourami

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

candrews999

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi all I have 3 Pearl Gourami 1 male 2 female. I noticed this morning a white spot on the head of one of the females (see pictures I know they're not great sorry) she seems otherwise well shes eating well and continues to bully the male!
Can anyone shed any light on what this might be? Should I be quarantining her and treating her?
All advice gratefully received [emoji4][emoji848]
efd20f282b3e9c9717d41bc712ea4c03.jpg
9257d1adcd4f3ebfb9f15b478ddff1dc.jpg
f03534726ae1e4ec40933ed0669563ad.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

It just looks like a bit of physical damage and should heal up without any issues.

Do a 75% water change and gravel clean the substrate each day for the next week. Make sure any new water is free of chlorine/ chloramine before it is added to the tank.

If the tank has been running for more than 2 months, then clean the filter if it hasn't been done in the last 2 weeks. Wash filter media in a bucket of tank water.

The daily water changes and gravel cleaning, and cleaning the filter will help reduce the number of disease organisms in the water and give the fish the best chance of healing itself.

------------------------
Monitor the fish over the next week and if it gets white fluffy stuff on the sore then it has a fungal infection in the wound and will need treating.

If the wound goes red and inflamed (looks rough and bumpy) then it has developed a bacterial infection that will need treating. However, do water changes first because it is reasonably minor at this stage and most healthy fish can heal themselves quickly without any needing any chemicals.

That's great thank you for your help

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back