Pearl gourami poo

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

There are two tanks under discussion in this thread.

The friend's tank with the pearl gourami problem is 70 litres = 18 gallons. This is not nearly big enough for one 3 spot gourami in any of its colour forms let alone 3.

The tank with the cardinals and possible dwarf gourami is 54 litres = 14 gallons, again far too small for 3 spot gouramis.

I was talking about betta mans tank. I misread it, thought it said 54 gallons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's the trouble with being in different countries, we don't use the same units and they can easily be mis-read :)

That's the trouble with being in different countries, we don't use the same units and they can easily be mis-read :)

Yeh. It so annoying [emoji23]

Male Pearl Gourami in breeding mode are one of the most beautiful fish in the fresh water side of this hobby, My vote would be to re home everything from the 70 l and keep the Pearl maybe get him a girlfriend

You couldn't keep the pearls in the 70 litre. They need a minimum of 30-40 gallons.

My tanks got even smaller fish, cardinal tetras, will a dwarf be ok with those or is it likely to go an a rampage like this pearl monster has?

I have recently tried that. Didn't work, the dwarf was to aggressive. He would push them around, eat all the tetras food, bite them so basically if you did that the tetras would just be bullied. Like essjay said, honey gouramis are fine with tetras. Also there not the same species.

The only problem with honey gouramis is that they don't come in blue and BettaMan wants blue fish.

I have tried to think of blue centrepiece fish that are suitable for 54 litre/14 gallon tanks with soft water and cardinal tetras as tank mates and failed.

The only problem with honey gouramis is that they don't come in blue and BettaMan wants blue fish.

I have tried to think of blue centrepiece fish that are suitable for 54 litre/14 gallon tanks with soft water and cardinal tetras as tank mates and failed.

Me too. I've tried but failed. The only fish I know that can be blue is a betta. There quite an aggressive fish but I've heard there okay with tetras. Hope this helps
~Karen

Thanks for that guys, blue is no longer a definite, but gouramis of all kinds have now been black listed seeing them in action was bad enough I don’t want them in my tank!

Going to post this more widely on the forum so its more visible!

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back