Particular order in which to get different livebearer species?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

No problem. I wouldn't spend so much time responding to you and others if I didn't want to try and help. A successful aquarium is rewarding; the opposite means despair and leaving the hobby.

Yes the Au is for Australia.

No I'm in Northern NSW

You have soft water? Keep soft water fish, a nice school of Tetras or Rasboras and Kuhli Loaches, and keep it one or 2 species of fish say 20 Rummy nose Tetras or 20 Hengeli Rasboras and 10 Kuhli Loaches.

A wise man ( Byron ) once told me " keep fish in water that comes out of your tap with just a bit of dechlorinator " and hes right.

You have soft water? Keep soft water fish, a nice school of Tetras or Rasboras and Kuhli Loaches, and keep it one or 2 species of fish say 20 Rummy nose Tetras or 20 Hengeli Rasboras and 10 Kuhli Loaches.

A wise man ( Byron ) once told me " keep fish in water that comes out of your tap with just a bit of dechlorinator " and hes right.
Byron is wonderful!

I'm afraid I've come too far down the water-hardening-with-aragonite-substrate path to get soft water fish. I'd have to take everything out and start from scratch. I may very well have to, though, if the pH, KH & GH don't seem to be behaving the way I'd hoped they would at the start of this cycle. (KH & GH aren't high enough, pH might be too high, and I don't know what will happen to them all with water changes. They might all drop and then take too long to rise again.)

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back