Particles In Water

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Madmitch

Reaction score
Hi - I'm new to this forum but have been keeping tropical fish on and off for 30 years now. I have always had a small community tank and got along fine with this.
I recently purchased a tank 60' x15'x30' - and am in the process of stocking it up slowly so as not to overload the filter and get new tank syndrome.

I have an external filter (never had one before) which has been running non stop for the last month - it is an EFX 4500 Aqumanta ( I know - I had never heard of the brand either but it came with the tank!) - it is circulating water without any problem but large pieces of detritis /plant debris and uneaten food particles appear to just hang around in the water which is rather disappointing - do I need to suppliment the filter with another internal one to get rid of these particles?

Any advice most welcome

Fishmadmitch

Assuming the filter isn't blocked in some way, which would be inhibiting the flowrate, then it sounds as though it does need some assistance.

Ya know, if I had a tank 60' x 15' x 30', I would go salty, and keep penguins. Or did you mean inches? ;) :hey: :lol:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back