Parrot Fish And Paradise Fish

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

swifty1981

Reaction score
Hi can any one tell me if paradise fish are really aggresive? i brough the paradise fish and 2 small angle fish last night and when i come home from work one of the angle fish has chunk taken out of him, the parrot fish is hiding with the paradise fish keep trying to chase him.

I have put the paradise fish in a baby tank at the mo to keep him away from the other fish, soon as i did this the parrot come back out from hiding. Some one has suggested it get some stress coat, will this work? and will getting another parrot fish help?

The tank is 3 foot with a big tree in the middle. i have 2 clown loachs, 2 silver sharks, 1 parrot fish, bristle nose, 2 angles and the paradise fish.

I dont really want to get rid of the paradise fish because he is a really nice fish.

Another problem i have. within 24hours the angle fish have trashed all my live plants, is this normal or should i feed the more? I normally feed my fish just once a day

parrot fish are generally friendly. they will chase fish away but ive never heard of a parrot killing other fish. parrots also dig up plants. so strong stemmed plants and well rooted only.

hi sorry what i mean is the paradise fish is chasing the parrot fish, and i think its the paradise fish that has attacked the angle fish.

hi sorry what i mean is the paradise fish is chasing the parrot fish, and i think its the paradise fish that has attacked the angle fish.
more parrot fish wont necesarily stop the aggression. it will at the very least spread it. making that parrot fish a target less often. i know nothing about paradise fish. my firemouths chase my parrots all the time. infact all my fish chase eachother. if you get proper contact violence its best to remove the aggressor :/

Yes, paradise fish are agressive and not compatable with angels, only fast moving and semi-agressive tankmates. They are also more suitable for a temperate than a tropical tank I believe. My advice? Take it back!

The paradise fish did come from a tank with angle fish in it, but the were much large than mine. but the way things are looking the paradise will have to go :(

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back